Can't receive SMS
kralon20

I've had this Pixel 6 for six months and all has worked fine. This morning, it suddenly stopped receiving SMS messages. I can send them, I can call, I can receive calls. I just can't receive SMS messages.

I spent two hours on Verizon live chat and tried various solutions, but none worked. Then the rep started ghosting me which took about another 40 minutes for me to realize he was never coming back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: Can't receive SMS
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kralon20, thanks for reaching out to us about this via Social Media. Messaging is an essential feature to have, so I am more than happy to help in any way. Have you downloaded any new apps or software updates? Which Messaging app are you using?-Dia

0 Likes
kralon20

I'm using Android Messages. It was last updated on Aug 1 and had been working until this morning. I can't think of any other apps I've put on my phone recently.

0 Likes
kralon20

Also, I switched over to the Verizon messaging app and had the same issue. So I don't believe it's an app issue. So I don't believe it's an app issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you sharing this with us, kralon20. Is the issue with receiving text messages happening when your device is not connected to Wi-Fi? 

-Brett

0 Likes