Can’t receive calls on my IPad with Messages+ unless I’ve just used it
rdw52
Enthusiast - Level 2

When calls come in to my phone, my iPad almost always doesn’t register them. The only exception is if I have just opened the Messages+ app and it is still on the screen. How can I make all incoming calls show up on my iPad? ​

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can’t receive calls on my IPad with Messages+ unless I’ve just used it
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important that you're able to stay connected with your iPad in addition to your phone, rdw52. When did you start using the Verizon Messages app on your iPad? What model iPad are you using? What model phone are you using? Please review the steps to Enable the Calling Feature on the iPad here: https://vz.to/2NP3wuI . Have these steps been completed?

Lauren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rdw52
Enthusiast - Level 2

I should have noted that I have no trouble making calls from my iPad using Messages; the problem is in receiving them.  I have used Verizon Messages on my iPad for at least 3 years. The current model of my iPad is sixth generation. My phone is Samsung S7.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are able to use your tablet for sending and receiving messages. Let's look at this more to better assist with your concerns. Do you have the latest updated Message + application installed on your phone and tablet? Has there been any changes on your phone or tablet prior to this?  Jasper_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rdw52
Enthusiast - Level 2

The version on my iPad is 2.6.1. The version on my phone is   6.6.7.      I’m having no trouble with messages, just problems receiving phone calls.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you very much for that information. We definitely want to make sure that you're able to receive calls without any issues. Could you please tell us, when did you start to experience this issue? Is this issue with your calls happening at a specific location?

Geovann_VZW

0 Likes
rdw52
Enthusiast - Level 2

This started about 2 years ago. It happens in all locations.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

0 Likes
rdw52
Enthusiast - Level 2

It started about 2 years ago.  I haven't done any specific troubleshooting steps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for that clarification rdw52. That has definitely been going on for quite some time. Does your iPad have an update for the Verizon Messages+ app in the App Store? It should match the version appearing on your phone to ensure all services are working properly. Also, when you have an issue with receiving calls on the iPad, is there anything being used on your phone or is it typically idle?

Ebony_VZW

0 Likes
rdw52
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the latest versions on both my phone and my iPad. The phone is typically idle.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

0 Likes