Can't receive short code messages on web app
joeydiamond
Enthusiast - Level 2

I receive short code messages on my phone, typically for two-factor authentication, but I don't see them when using the web app. I often don't have my phone next to me, so this small convenience would be a plus. Is it by design that only my phone can receive short code messages, or this a feature I have to enable? I don't use a tablet, and don't remember if it worked on Message+ when I did have one, but I don't think it did.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't receive short code messages on web app
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@joeydiamond wrote:

I receive short code messages on my phone, typically for two-factor authentication, but I don't see them when using the web app. I often don't have my phone next to me, so this small convenience would be a plus. Is it by design that only my phone can receive short code messages, or this a feature I have to enable? I don't use a tablet, and don't remember if it worked on Message+ when I did have one, but I don't think it did.

Thanks.

For security reasons, authentication SMS messages are routed ONLY to the accounts main phone number/device.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...

View solution in original post

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@joeydiamond wrote:

Thanks.

For security reasons, authentication SMS messages are routed ONLY to the accounts main phone number/device.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, joeydiamond. We definitely want to assist in keeping your account secure. Fortunately, you have the option to enable two-factor authentication for your My Verizon account as shown under item 1 here: https://www.verizon.com/support/keeping-your-account-safe-faqs/ Let us know if this helps.

0 Likes
joeydiamond
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. For this reason I usually use my Google Voice number, but wanted to stick to my cell phone number. It's all good, thanks for the reply.

0 Likes
QuintusCuervos

I broke my phone, and until I get my new one I'm using online messaging so I can stay in touch with my family and friends. However on the borrowed device that I have I would love to log into my Facebook, and let your friends know that I don't have phone numbers for that I'm not Dead. But in order to log into Facebook from an unknown device it sends a message to my phone cuz broken and I can't get that message because it's a premium SMS message that I can't get any online messaging. I'm cut off from my 2437 Facebook friends because Verizon online messaging won't accept premium SMS access I don't care what I have to pay for it I need my two-factor verification code from Facebook help me get it please.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, QuintusCuervos. I know how important it is to stay connected at all times. I'm so sorry to learn your phone is broken, and you are unable to receive the two-factor verification code. With the device you are using in the meantime, is it a Verizon Wireless device? If so, you will be able to go into on of our corporate stores and get a SIM card. This will activate that phone with your number, until you can get your replacement. Will this work for you? 

https://www.verizon.com/stores

-Vanessa

0 Likes
Lotus143
Enthusiast - Level 1

This answer is not responsive to the question. The question was not how to use two-factor to secure his Verizon account, but how to see two-factor messages on the Message+ app. Evidently, you can’t. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for this experience, Lotus143. We are very sorry, but secure messages like two-factor authentication messages can only be received on the actual phone they are being sent to. Those messages will not show on the Message+ app when you link it to a computer or a tablet device.

-Steven

0 Likes