Can't receive text messages from random people
dramatech300

Hello,

I'm in desperate need of help. My galaxy note 2 is now refurbished with a new sim card and completely reset. I still cannot get text messages from some people. I used to get it but then updated a few months back with this new update that came out and since then it hasn't worked. I don't know what to do. Please help with ideas. Here is what I have tried.

Tried new sim card 3 times.

New phone.

Installed sms fixing apps.

Installed third party apps:handcent, gosms, voxer (only one that works because it uses internet)

I don't know what else to do. This is getting very annoying.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't receive text messages from random people
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you called customer service from another device and requested that your text message feature be reset from the Verizon server side?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dramatech300

I have done that. They checked everything and even sent me a text and it worked fine. Still did not fix the issue.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

dramatech300 wrote:

Hello,

...  I still cannot get text messages from some people. I used to get it but then updated a few months back with this new update that came out and since then it hasn't worked.

Did it sync to your Google account or Facebook account for contacts after the new update?  Check the contacts that are having the texting issue - be sure the number stored for them is only the 10-digit number, area code included but with no leading "1". 

Can you text them?  Can they reply to a text you send?  Are they using your full 10-digit number to text you?  Perhaps both of you can delete each other as a contact and then start over - send them a text, see if you receive their reply, and they can save you as a contact from that exchange.

0 Likes
dramatech300

I did sync with google. I do not sync with my facebook. I took out the "1" on all those contacts a long time ago. Still nothing works.

0 Likes