Can't receive texts from one specific person
smq08

Hey all,

I'm not receiving text messages from one person right now on my Envy 2. I receive texts from anyone else, and she receives my texts that I send to her. Hers just don't come in on my phone. She had a Blackberry, and I looked at her threaded text view and it shows responses to all of my texts. I've tried to google the issue but I didn't find much of an answer, and most issues I found were cross-carrier. However, this is verizon to verizon. So, does anyone have any idea what could be happening here? Or how I can fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't receive texts from one specific person
budone
Legend

Make sure the contact she hass made for you has your number AND Area code. Also check to see she does not have a 1 in front of the number. Just ten digits., not 11, not 7.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Make sure the contact she hass made for you has your number AND Area code. Also check to see she does not have a 1 in front of the number. Just ten digits., not 11, not 7.

0 Likes
smq08

We're from different states so she does have the area code... I'm not completely sure if there is a 1 there too, I'll have to check up on that. Thanks.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

There was a change a couple weeks ago with certain BB devices where if the leading 1 is included, the messages will not arrive to their destination.

0 Likes
smq08

She did have a 1 in front of the number, however she deleted it and the texts still aren't going through. Any idea what else it could be?

EDIT: Spoke too soon, just came through. It was just liek 20 minutes delayed.

0 Likes