Can't set messanger tones
CONCAM24

Since the last software update, I am no longer able to set individual tones.  If I change the tone in a message for an individual, it's changes all the tones to that one.  I've set the notification tone in the individuals contact info but messanger+ won't use it; it will use the ringtone but not the notification tone.

Don't know if it makes a difference but I have an LG G6.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't set messanger tones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CONCAM24, being able to differentiate your notification tones between users is a good thing. I welcome the opportunity to assist you with this matter. How are you setting the ringtone for an individual? Are you doing so via the Message+ app itself by clicking on the 3 dots (while in the Messages/thread view with an individual user or group) in the upper right-hand corner and choosing Customize and then setting the tone or are you doing so via your Contacts app?

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Can't set messanger tones
CONCAM24

Thanks for responding.

I used to be able to set notifications for individuals in Messanger+ app but now when I do it changes ALL notifications to that tone.  I also have set the notification tones in individual contacts app but it doesn't work, ringtones work, but not notification tones.

0 Likes