Can't sign up for Message+ when out of the US
CarolinasFan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am currently outside of the US, using a SIM local to the country for better rates. Would like to use Message+ but when I try to sign up I get the error "Not able to generate pin. Please try again later some time". But trying again later never works.

Trying to sign up using a VPN with a US IP doesn't help. Users on my account in the US do not have this problem, so it looks like it's because I'm outside of the US.

Any ideas on how to make this work? I'd like to use the app with my local SIM to still access my Verzion SMS messages.

Re: Can't sign up for Message+ when out of the US
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, CarolinasFan. We know how important staying connected while traveling can be. On your Messages+ app, have your already removed the Verizon mobile numbers profile? Also, are you able to use data with local SIM without any issues?  *Cassie

0 Likes
CarolinasFan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for replying. I can use local data with the non-Verizon SIM just fine. I don't believe I have a profile - there isn't anything at Settings > General > Profile (i.e., no choice under General for Profile).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your time is valuable and we want to ensure we provide clarity on the Verizon Messaging + app. Verizon Message Plus will work with cellular data from our network. In other words, using an international SIM will not work with our messaging app. I hope this information helps.

-Angie

0 Likes