Can't text!
MICHAN61

Several weeks ago, my husband noticed that he could no longer respond to my text messages or send me new messages. We are both in the same verizon account, and both have galaxy phones (he is s5 I believe and I am s8). Neither of us has blocked the other. He is able call me, but not text. Any ideas in why this is happening and how to fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't text!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MICHAN61, that is very strange that your husband is having issues sending and responding to you your text messages. We have to dig a little deeper to see what's causing this issue. Is he having issues sending and receiving messages from other numbers? What happens when he tries to send you a message? What happens when you try to send him a message?

JustinB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MICHAN61

1. To my knowledge, this is only happening with my number.

2. When he tries to send me a message, he can't!  He can see me in his contacts, but when he tries to send a message, he can't type in the message box.

3. When I send him a message, he receives it, but my contact information doesn't show.   He can read the message, but he can't respond.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MICHAN61,

Thanks for sharing those important details with us. Text messaging is the way that many of us communication nowadays, so it's definitely important for us to get to the bottom of what's going on. What messaging app is he using on his phone? Since this has started, has he tried deleting any previous messaging thread he's had with your number and created a new one?

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Has he looked at your contact info in his phone?  Maybe there is a bad number or wrong info.  Maybe removing your contact card and creating a new one in his phone will help.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes