Can't use the audio i want for text notifications
richb597

I have tried everything to set audio notifications using message+, default messaging, 4 different aftermarket apps.

LG G3 android 5.1.1

Disable default text notification

Disable notifications in message+

Switch default app to messaging and disable its notifications

Still plays "droid" when i get a txt

download 1sec of blank audio set it as default. still plays "droid"

delete file for the droid audio, starts playing some other random notification

I want to use a 3rd party application so that I can set different audio alerts for different contacts but it wont shut up.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't use the audio i want for text notifications
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

richb597,

I can certainly understand you wanting to customize your phone with a different notification when receiving text messages from your contacts.

With the recent software update there is no option to customize message notifications for contacts. It will have the same default notification sound for all incoming messages. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
richb597

I don't need to customize notifications with the TWO messaging apps verizon has installed on my phone that cannot be removed.  Message + and messaging.  I need to make these two applications QUIT playing a notification sound even after I have DISABLED audio txt notifications. Every time I get a txt i get an audio alert even though its set to SILENT.  Even after DELETING the audio file it just starts using a different audio txt alert.

I want to install a 3rd party text application that DOES let me customize alerts.

after i install a 3rd party app i want to set 1 contact to silent. this works just fine. BUT messaging+ KEEPS playing the audio even tho its not default, even tho its set to SILENT

Rich

0 Likes
richb597

I don't need to customize notifications with the TWO messaging apps verizon has installed on my phone that cannot be removed.  Message + and messaging.  I need to make these two applications QUIT playing a notification sound even after I have DISABLED audio txt notifications. Every time I get a txt i get an audio alert even though its set to SILENT.  Even after DELETING the audio file it just starts using a different audio txt alert.

I want to install a 3rd party text application that DOES let me customize alerts.

after i install a 3rd party app i want to set 1 contact to silent. this works just fine. BUT messaging+ KEEPS playing the audio even tho its not default, even tho its set to SILENT

Rich

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the clarification richb597. Let's get to the bottom of this.

Have you tried uninstalling or disabling the Message + app from your phone?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes