Can the new "stickers" be removed, uninstalled, or hidden in Verizon Message app?
ARTHURIAN
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to inactivate or remove stickers from the Message + app. Is that possible?  The rest of the app is fine.

Labels (1)
Re: Can the new "stickers" be removed, uninstalled, or hidden in Verizon Message app?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know that texting is a huge part of daily communication these days, and if the app you're using isn't working perfectly, it can be a bit of a drag. I want to make sure I'm on the same page with you. What stickers are you referring to? Where in Verizon Messages are you seeing them? 

LeoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Can the new "stickers" be removed, uninstalled, or hidden in Verizon Message app?
ARTHURIAN
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm referring to the animated emoticons (referred to as Stickers) that were installed with the latest Verizon Messaging Plus update.

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for clarifying Arthurian. I understand wanting to personalize your Verizon Messages + application. There is no way to remove the stickers from the app. You can leave feedback on the application by going to the Play Store and scrolling down and select send an email. We do appreciate all our customer's feedback. Does this provide clarity? 

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
EMAK
Enthusiast - Level 1

Given that the stickers cannot be removed, is there any way to change the default so that normal emojis show up first when emoji is selected? Those crazy bull stickers are rather annoying.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EMAK,

We value your feedback. Regretfully, at this time, the default order of the emojis and stickers cannot be changed. KKati_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Xelfer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Related to the stickers... can the function that block-highlights the words that could be stickers be turned off? I can't tell you how many times I have mistyped a word only to have it be a legitimate sticker word. You can't touch the word to fix it - or you get a sticker. You have to touch after it, backspace it away, and then make the correction.

I know "stickers" is the hot new thing, but I don't use them and don't want them. I don't even like the suggestions of stickers in the text.

I'll venture to guess this cannot be disabled either, but thought I'd ask.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know it can be annoying to try to type something and an emoji comes up to replace it Xeifer. I would love to help turn this off. If you are in the messaging application you will need to go to Settings>Conversation>Enable Smart Emojis and turn it off from there. Does this help? 

Amber_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jamocha
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got it turned off  through a LONG chat session with Verizon. Be sure you have the latest update and that Smart Emojis is turned off in the app settings. Then Go to Settings on your phone (not in the app)  Click on Apps. Find Message+ and click to open.Click on storage. Clear cache. Then close and restart the app. It worked for me. Hope it works for you.

Jamocha
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got it turned off  through a LONG chat session with Verizon. Be sure you have the latest update and that Smart Emojis is turned off in the app settings. Then Go to Settings on your phone (not in the app)  Click on Apps. Find Message+ and click to open.Click on storage. Clear cache. Then close and restart the app. It worked for me. Hope it works for you.

0 Likes