Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Cannot Text High Quality Pictures
GarrettCornerstone

It seems like verizon compresses any picture or video that gets texted. Any time I receive or send out a picture via text it always comes out the other side super low quality. The only way I can send people pictures is through an app and that requires both me and the other person have the same app. Any thoughts?

0 Likes
Re: Cannot Text High Quality Pictures
9wood

Not noticed that myself may want to check the camera settings and depending on phone could have settings in mms for it just my 2 cents

0 Likes
GarrettCornerstone

I forgot to add I'm using a pixel 5 however this is the same issue I had with the 2.

From what I understand verizon intentionally compresses anything sent over data. Iphone users never see this problem because everything they send is over imessage which uses interrent days.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We would be more than happy to assist you with sending high definition picture. We will be sending you a Private Message, so we can further assist you. MoniqueH_VZW

0 Likes