Cannot receive enhanced texts through vtext.com
Niles_Rogoff
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having trouble receiving texts from email (through vtext.com), they are getting truncated. I have the unlimited everything plan, and I found this posted somewhere else in the forums. "* **Enhanced Text Messages can be sent at no extra cost per message. Even extended length messages over 160 characters in length are charged as a single text message according to the plan selected."[1]

One of the messages I tried to send is here: << Link removed >> , however when I received the message it had been truncated. A screenshot of the phone is here: << Image link removed .>>

How can I mark these messages as "enhanced" text messages or make these messages send the entire body?

[1] Sources: Texts longer than 160 characters Double text messages

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot receive enhanced texts through vtext.com
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try sending to vzwpix.com instead of vtext.com   vtext is for text only (SMS) messages, and is limited to 160 characters.  vzwpix is sent as MMS and that will allow you to send up to 1000 characters in a single message.

Niles_Rogoff
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you, I will try that.

0 Likes
Niles_Rogoff
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can receive texts throgh vtext.com, however vzwpix.com does not appear to send anything. I sent a test message << Link removed >> and waited 5 minutes, but the phone would not receive the message. It had at least 2 bars the entire time, and I was connected to wifi. << Image removed >> It may have something to do with vzwpix.com being retired as of 5 days ago (April 28th). I will continue to experiment.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I just sent a test test from my email to xxxxxxxxxx@vzwpix.com - and I got the text.  If yo uare referring to the vtext app, then look into Integrated Messaging:  Verizon Messages - Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Niles_Rogoff
Enthusiast - Level 1

I downloaded the app you linked to and set it up, then sent a message off to vzwpix.com. It was immediately picked up by the app I downloaded, but the built-in messages app did not receive the message. I turned iMessage off in Settings and tried again, but that didn't make a difference. Is there some trick to make it work, or should I just transition over to the new app?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I guess I should ask what you are actually trying to do that necessitates going through vtext or vzwpix to send messages?  If people want to send you texts via their email, then your ten digit phone number ##########@vtext.com or vzwpix.com is the address to send it to.

As a side note, when I sent the test message to my own phone number @vzwpix.com, I got the text on my phone and on the Messages app on my desktop and tablet.

0 Likes
Niles_Rogoff
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am attempting to receive alerts from Suricata, OSSEC, Logwatch, multiple backup systems and other miscellaneous systems. I would rather receive alerts from the built-in mail app because these alerts need to be able to wake me up while I'm sleeping, and the Verizon app is not configurable. I tried restoring my phone, and after re-activating it I am still having the same problem. Since my links keep getting deleted, I will post the message headers inline this time.

Return-Path: Received: from << personal info removed >>
        by mx.google.com with ESMTPSA id << personal info removed >>
        for         (version=TLSv1.1 cipher=ECDHE-RSA-RC4-SHA bits=128/128);
        Tue, 02 Sep 2014 20:26:04 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from << personal info removed >> (localhost [127.0.0.1])
     by .<< personal info removed >> with SMTP id << personal info removed >>
     for ; Tue, 2 Sep 2014 23:25:40 -0400 Message-Id: To: From: OSSEC HIDS Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 23:25:40 -0400 Subject: OSSEC 3 - 5715 - SSHD authentication success. Sep  2 23:25:38 << personal info removed >>

Content edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes