Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Cannot receive txts on iPhone 4S (from paypal)
phong

I have my PayPal account configured with the SMS text security code feature for logons.  I just switched from AT&T to Verizon and I can no longer receive the SMS codes on my new iPhone 4S.  I can send/receive SMS messages to others.  I tried de-activating the feature within PayPal and tried re-enabling it....but I still cannot receive the SMS message required to initiate the service.

What is up?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot receive txts on iPhone 4S (from paypal)
RomeoYankee

Can you receive texts from other carriers?If not then your routing at the intercarriers isn't pointing to VZW and that would explain why you aren't getting messages from PayPal too. Can you receive from Google (short code 466453)?

0 Likes
phong
I can receive from AT&T....but not from automated sources. Google calendar alerts aren't coming thru, etc. How does one correct an intercarrier routing issue?

This is very annoying.
0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you to the community members for the information provided. 

This is not a known issue with the iPhone 4S. It is possible that you have a Premium Text Message block on your account which may prevent the PayPal messages from coming through. If this issue has not been addressed already, send me a PM with your name and mobile number. I will contact you and review the account settings. 

Thank you, 

0 Likes
jnguyen

I am having the same problem. Did this ever get resolved?

0 Likes