Cant send a message to one contact
KPFDCO3

Hello,

I have had a Samsung S7(on Verizon) for a few months and just bought an iPhone 6s(AT&T) for my son for Christmas.  I cannot send him text(SMS or MMS), he can send me MMS messages only?  We have verified the issue is on the Samsung end as I was on the phone with Apple(thinking it was the 6s) for a couple of hours but verified that we are able to send and receive both types of messages from other Samsung phones(AT&T) to his iPhone.

Also tried:

• Resetting the phone back to factory settings
  • Changing all of the Mobile Networks(Global, LTE/CDMA & LTE/GSM/UMTS)
  • Using the factory default messaging app as well as the Verizon Messaging+ app

What else can I do?  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cant send a message to one contact
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am happy to address your concerns here. I know that you stated that you are unable to send him any sort of text message. Are you able to make and recieve calls from him?

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
RFTS25

Hi, I can create a message and send it to my contacts that have iPhones, but I'm not receiving replies. They say they do not receive messages either. I can receive their messages. Just purchased your new Moto droid 4G LTE. Thanks!

0 Likes
RUSWAL14

I'm experiencing the same problem and have not found any answers on the forum so far. I have a Samsung S8. My friend is on AT&T but I don't know what phone. We could send and receive each other's texts a few months ago. Now we can't send or receive them. We don't know of any other contacts that have this problem. I've deleted him from my contacts twice. Restarted phone, checked for updates. Have tried Message+ and Messages. Have there been any solutions yet?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RUSWAL14, W never want you to miss messaging your friend. Let's make sure there's nothing restricting your messages. Complete the following:

Open the “Messages” app.
Select a conversation from your friend
Tap the “3 dots icon” icon.
Select “Unblock/Block numbers“.

TrinetteW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RUSWAL14

I don't have any messages from him. I deleted everything when I deleted and

then added his info back in. I have blocked him and then unblocked him from

contacts. That didn't help.

On Oct 11, 2017 10:17 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure this gets taken care of. May we ask  Do you have any other contacts that are on AT&T? Or your friend is the only one you know of on that network that is currently in your contacts? Are you able to call and dial out?

KleoL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
RUSWAL14

Yes I can dial and call out. He's the only contact I know there is a

problem with. I'm not sure who else is on At&t.

On Oct 17, 2017 3:36 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes