Cant text to a particular number
davidmcc

I have a number I send text messages to on a daily basis.  All of a sudden this number is not receiving my messages.  I can receive messages from this number, but not send to it.

I can send messages to other numbers without any problem.  I have tried to reset my phone (Blackberry 9630) and that did not work.  I also deleted the entire thread of messages to problem number; that did not work.   If I go to my account, it shows no records ot messages sent to this number since this problem began to occur.  Text messages to other numbers to show up.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cant text to a particular number
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Can you REPLY to messages sent by this contact? Are you entering the # manually or pulling from your contact list? Perhaps somehow this contact has been corrupted.

Try this: Delete the contact entirely. Once you delete the contact, reboot the phone. Then, have the contact send you a text message, and then save the contact from the message you received to ensure that it is entered correctly.

Let me know if this works.

0 Likes
davidmcc

Yes, I could receive without a problem, but replying would not work.

I deleted this contact from my list and tried to send by typing in the number...I tried re-setting the phone.

I even restored the phone to two days ago (when it was working fine) and it still isn't working.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

davidmcc wrote:

Yes, I could receive without a problem, but replying would not work.  What happens when you try to reply?  Does it appear to go through and the other party never gets it?  Do you get an error message?

0 Likes
cynthia0800

SuzyQ,

I suspect that my number has been blocked on another persons phone.  I sent a text this evening which gave me an error code 98.  No other explanation.  I have been unable to find an answer using searches.  I hoped that maybe you know the answer. 

Thank you.  

0 Likes