Re: Certain texts showing on phone, but not web-based verizon messaging. Unable to clear notificatio
MnMshorty
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having this problem without access to my phone at the moment. I am unable to use the SMSM verification because the Web version of Verizon messages does not show ANY of my short code messages. This is causing a lot of confusion and frustration. right now.

Re: Certain texts showing on phone, but not web-based verizon messaging. Unable to clear notificatio
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for contacting us. Being able to get your text messages is important, and we are here to assist you. Can you please clarify how you are accessing your Messages, and on what type of device? AlbertP_VZW

0 Likes
melboots47

I am also having the same problem of not receiving certain texts using the online web app. Most of the time it is from the short code numbers, however, there are also texts from 10-digit numbers that are not showing up. I need to be able to access at least all the messages sent from 10-digit numbers, as I don't have access to my phone during the day, and I need to be able to see those messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you can view your messages when you don't have access to your phone, melboots47. Let's take a closer look into this. When did this start? What is the make and model of your device? Have you noticed any patterns with the text messages you are not receiving? 

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
melboots47

I have the iPhone 6S, and I have only noticed it within the past year, since I began using the web-based messaging. I am trying to receive a confirmation code to allow me to login to an app, and they send the code 3 ways: through the app, through the short numbers, and through a 10-digit number. I am unable to see either message. The 10-digit number that sends the code has not been the same the few times that I have had a code sent, so I can't add the number as a contact to see if that fixes things.

0 Likes
melboots47

I also redownloaded the Message+ app on my phone, and it does not show all the messages either. I submitted feedback with screenshots to show the discrepancies via the app, however, I have heard nothing back.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Secure messages like verification codes can't be received on the web-based application or any other device besides the phone associated with the phone number the message was sent. This is a security feature to prevent unauthorized access to your messages. It is all spelled out in the Verizon Messages+ FAQs available on the Verizon Wireless website. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
melboots47

But those same codes are also sent from a 10-digit phone number, not from the short 5-6 digit codes. If it is sent from a regular 10-digit phone number, shouldn't that show up online?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@melboots47 wrote:

But those same codes are also sent from a 10-digit phone number, not from the short 5-6 digit codes. If it is sent from a regular 10-digit phone number, shouldn't that show up online?

They could still be secure messages and won't sync to other devices. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate these details melboots47. We want to get this issue resolved for you quickly. Please tell us the name of the application you are receiving the codes from. BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes