Change text plan on a single line?
Franklin7777

My family and I are still on an older family share plan, and don't want to switch to share everything.  I'd like to upgrade one of my lines from the 250 text package to the 500 text plan, but every time I try to do this online the system tries to make me upgrade to share everything.  All I want to do is change the text plan on one of my lines.  Is this possible?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Change text plan on a single line?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should be able to upgrade the 250-text plan, but there isn't a 500-text plan ... it's 1,000 texts for $10 (unless you are on an older plan than a Nationwide, and that could be the issue).  When you click Change Minutes, Texts, or Data in your on-line My Verizon account and get the screen showing your current plan and the recommended switch to Share Everything, did you scroll down to the bottom and choose See More Plans?  You then should see the option to upgrade your text plan per line ... keep in mind that once you upgrade the text plan, you can't switch back since there isn't a 250-text plan available anymore.

0 Likes
Franklin7777

Thanks for the response, but that isn't working for me.  We are on a nationwide family share plan.  The 1000 text plan sounds fine to me,  When I click to "Change Minutes, Texts, or Data" I don't have any option for "See More Plans". 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you click on Change Minutes, Texts, or Data, let the next screen load.  Are you then seeing your current plan and the recommended More Everything plan?  Scroll to below the suggested More Everything plan and on the right-hand side of the page you should see Find a Different Plan Option That Works For You ... underneath that should be an option to See More Plans.  If that still doesn't work for some reason, you should be able to call Customer Service and have them make the change for you ... just be sure to backdate it to the beginning of your billing cycle or have it effective at the start of your next billing cycle.

0 Likes
Franklin7777

Nope.  I'm clicking "Change Minutes, Text or Data" under manage my account.  Then it shows a screen that says "Select a plan to change".  Nothing about finding a different plan option or seeing more plans.  When I select the plan that includes the line in question, it just goes to a screen that wants to make me select a share everything plan and I don't want to go any farther.  I guess I'll just try to call and see what happens.  Thanks for trying though.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Franklin7777,

I am so sorry you are experiencing problems with changing your text message option on My Verizon!  I would be more than happy to assist you with changing that part of your plan.  Just accept my "Follow" request, "Follow" me back and send me a Direct Message so that I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes