Changed carrier and now getting vtext error emails
ehill102

I moved one of my phones off of Verizon to another carrier.  I get some messages (text) that come through vtext.com to my phone.  I changed the carrier for those particular services and get my messages under the new carrier suffix.  BUT, every time a text message comes through I get an email from post_master@vtext.com that states Error Invalid user address  Error message below: 550-Requested action not taken: no such user here.  How do I get this to stop?  It appears that even though I've changed the information with the sender that I'm still getting stuff into the vtext.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Changed carrier and now getting vtext error emails
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand how concerning it can be when receiving these postmaster e-mails when ever you receive a text message and we’re here to help as much as we can, ehill102.  I do have a few questions if you don’t mind.  What carrier did you port over to?  Where or how are you receiving the postmaster e-mails?  Are they coming in as a text message or are they going to your actual e-mail address?  Also, are you also receiving the e-mail if you get a text from a phone instead of e-mail or vtext?

AdamB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ehill102

Thanks for responding.  I moved one phone over to Consumer Cellular.  I am getting the postmaster emails into my email box as an email from post_master@vtext.com and reads:

Error: Invalid user address

Error message below:

550 - Requested action not taken: no such user

here

I get messages from an emergency management CAD and apparently each time the message come to my phone it shoots out a message as above.  I AM getting the CAD messages successfully.  So I'm not sure what's going on.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

It sounds like your phone might still think it has integrated messaging and is relaying the message to the other devices thru vtext.com.  Did you remove the number/device from the Verizon Integrated Messaging or the cache from the app?  See https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/858937/?lid=sayt&sayt=integrated

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
ehill102

Thanks for the response.  I don't use Verizon Messaging for my messages.  Would that still have an impact? I've checked everything else and still same email message from the post_master@vtext.com 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I wonder if the port process wasn't fully completed and the system somehow thinks that number is still attached to VZW instead of Consumer Cellular.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EHILL102, we know that you want to put an end to this mystery. Let's continue to move forward. You mentioned that the messages from Verizon are received as emails, are the messages you receive from CAD sent to your text messaging as an email address or as a cell number?

LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes