Changing Mobile Mail Alert Tone on Samsung Reality
slmille1

I recently purchased a samsung reality, no complaints except this one.  I don't like the tone that my samsung reality makes when i have a new mobile mail... mainly because it makes the same noise that my blackberry made when it was dying.  Is there anyway to change it?  I don't like to turn the sound off on my phone at night in case i get called into work before i wake up the next morning, and this tone wakes me up because i get emails throughout the night.

I looked in settings and tools => sound settings and couldn't find the option for that application (actually went through each sound setting in case it was named weird and none of them matched that tone)

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Changing Mobile Mail Alert Tone on Samsung Reality
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

With Mobile Email, you need to open the email account on the phone, and go into the settings and preferences once you are logged into the particular account you want to set alerts for.  I'm not sure if you can change the tone, but you can tell it NOT to alert you in the overnight hours.

HTH,

0 Likes
Re: Changing Mobile Mail Alert Tone on Samsung Reality
slmille1

thanks so much... you're right can't change the tone but was able to turn it off for the overnight!

0 Likes