Check text message phone numbers on website
ovy13

I received a text that was promptly deleted from my handset before I can read it (due to software problems on my phone that I've already looked into). I know it's impossible to discover the content of that text message, but I would like to know who sent it. There seems to be a lot of mentions around the internet and indeed, even in these message boards that you can go to Usage and look up text records and see when you received a text and from what phone number, but it appears the website interface has changed since then, and the old directions no longer apply. Is it still possible to look this information up, and if so how?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Check text message phone numbers on website
Tidbits
Legend

That is correct you have to be on the main account.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

locate this section of the page

Verizon Wireless - It

Then scroll down and locate this section

Verizon Wireless - Messaging details.png

From there you should see a list of all your texts received and sent.  Keep in mind it may take a few for recent ones to show up if you don't see it.

ovy13

Bizarre! I don't have that link on my usage details page at all. However, I am part of a family plan, but not the main account holder. I suppose I'll have to use that login to see that link? Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That is correct you have to be on the main account.

0 Likes
nikki7694

I'm new to this and can't figure out how to create my own discussion.  I need assistance.  Is it possible for a verizon wireless customer service associate, manager, or supervisor to access the contents of a subscriber's text messages internally, without a court order?  I am in a situation where my boyfriend is claiming to have had a friend mail him a transcript of the contents of my text messages.  Is this at all possible?  Are their "tricks" that associates have knowledge of that would allow them to gain access to a subscriber's text messaging content? 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

No you can't you will need a court order.  The only way he could have done that would be through illegal means and software installed on your phone.

0 Likes