Code not being sent to authorize Message+
haleyxnicole

I've been trying to fix this problem for a while now and I'm just growing more and more frustrated. I have two phones, my primary is a galaxy s20 and my old phone is a galaxy s8. I want to use my galaxy s8 as a backup and have been trying to get message+ to work on it just in case I ever have issues with my s20. Galaxy s8 is completely up to date but for some reason I can't access message+ on it. I download it, it asks me for my phone number and says they'll send me a text with a verification code, but I never get one. Message+ works on my s20 and my laptop but I can't get it to work on my s8. Am I doing something wrong or is this just not possible?

0 Likes
Re: Code not being sent to authorize Message+
DMathews1
Contributor - Level 3

I assume you are activating your old phone on your account when you try to set Messages+ up on it,  right?

If you needed your s8 for backup, will you backup s20 data from Verizon Cloud when you need it?  Or do you plan on synching phones more regularly... if so, how?   Just curiious.   - - You got me thinking about doing the same thing... older, albeit Verizon new/refurbished  s8+ as a backup.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to access your messages regardless of the device you are on is essential in today's world. Are you able to receive other messages from Short Code numbers on the S20 or are you only having trouble with Verizon Messages?

ScottD_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Based on the way you describe your situation, it isn't possible to setup the s8 as a backup device to receive the text messages like your laptop does or a tablet would. The message+ application sees the s8 as a phone and expects it to be a phone that is activated on the line you want to send and receive messages on. 

To use the s8 as a backup, you need to swap the SIM card from the S20 into the s8 which will activate the s8 and deactivate the S20. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes