Complaint
fbhwpk
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I file a complaint? My text messages does not work correctly I spoke to the 'special technical support' they had me reboot my phone wiping all of my information and starting from scratch. It didnt fix the issue, they were going to replace my phone stating that they had no idea they have not see anything like it but I have a crack so they cant replace my phone. I dont want my phone replaced the crack is in the corner doesnt affect the phone at all, I just want my text messaging fixed. They told me the only way to fix it is to buy out my phone or use my insurance to get a new phone. I am not replacing my phone using my insurance because there is a crack....cant they just fix the software issue that is on my phone causing my text message to not work? I will currently use the message + text which doesnt work with my watch so I have a watch that I cannot text from and will not upgrade and am looking at other options.

Labels (1)
Re: Complaint
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

fbhwpk-

Holy smokes, that definitely sounds frustrating. We don't want to lose you. I know that my phone is my right arm and texting is my number 1 form of communication. I'm on the scene and eager to help get to the bottom of this right away. What happens when you try to send/receive a text? What make/model phone are you using? When did this problem start?

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
fbhwpk
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the Samsung edge 7, I have talked to several people and have not gotten any resolution but, the odd thing is now that I have reset my phone message+ now works with my watch, which it didn’t before, if I tried to reply to a message with message+ on my watch it said failed, I was told by you guys that the software doesn’t work with the watch and you have to use the other message app which I am not able to create new text messages as it says the contact does not exist in the correct format.

Multiple techs viewed my phone and have no idea why and said its software issue but because in the corner of my phone is cracked they cannot replace it. The crack just happened and the issue I have had with the text message has been going on since I got the phone so the crack is not the issue. Also I do not need my phone replaced it works just fine except the text software issue.  The answer I keep getting is they can’t fix the text issue so the only options I have is to pay the deductible and have my phone replaced or to buy out the upgrade, which then I heard that even if you upgrade and buy out the contract if your phone is damaged when you return it you still have to pay for the damaged phone because you can’t upgrade early unless the phone is in perfect shape even if you pay the balance, which is crazy. If you pay the balance why should I have to even return the phone? I’m not real happy with Verizon’s answer to an obvious software issue that was affecting my ability to text.

Trina [removed]

[removed]

[removed]

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fbhwpk,

I’m sorry to read that you’re having trouble with texting on your phone. This is quite odd that after a factory data reset the issue was not fixed. That normally resolves any problems that are happening on the phone. Let’s take a deeper dive into getting this resolved, as I know texting is so important to keep in touch with everyone. With the phone having a crack in it, that does void the manufacturers warranty if we did need to replace it. I understand the texting problem started well before you had a crack in the phone, however that would not matter. If we do need to replace the phone under the manufacturers warranty, the phone cannot have any physical or liquid damage. I know that this is not what you wanted to hear. However, I’m confident we can figure this problem out without having to replace or upgrade your phone. What exactly happens when you try to send/receive texts on your phone? (Do you get some sort of error message?) You stated that you are using Verizon Messages +, what happens when you use the default text app on your phone? When you did the factory data reset & reactivated the phone, did you load all the same apps back onto your phone?

AliciaS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fbhwpk, I understand that this has become quite a nuisance for you. We don want to resolve this for you. We aren't able to replace a device under the warranty if it has any physical damage. However, I see that you don't believe the phone is the issue. You stated that after the reset the Messages + application is working with the watch. What specific issues are you still experiencing with text messaging? We just need some additional details. 

Also, if you upgrade early with the device payment plan you can get a completely different device after paying off the current one in full.

MarcusS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

When you say that they had you reboot the phone do you mean that they had you do a factory reset? If that is what they had you do was it from Settings-Backup and Reset- then did you go to factory data reset? Or did they have you shut the phone off then go into recovery mode ( Volume up- Power- Home ) then do the factory reset in there? If you did do the reset from the recovery mode did you clear the cache partition first? If you have everything back on your phone apps and settings etc and you didn't do the factory reset from recovery mode I would use smart switch and do a full backup of the phone then do the clear cache partition then I would do the factory reset in there and see if that helps. Before you do the factory reset try just doing the clear cache partition that will clear out all the old files that were left on your phone when you updated from marshmallow to nougat. Sometimes just doing this will clear up a lot of problems that you maybe having. 

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Also as far as that crack on your screen do you have a screen protection sleeve on it? It may help to keep moisture and dust out of your phone. 

0 Likes