Completely Prevent SPAM/phishing Texts?
spellucci

Can Verizon completely prevent SPAM text messages from going to my and my family's phones?

I get between four and 12 SPAM/phishing text messages per day that include links of the form [domain].co/[id] where [domain] is a combination of about 10 lowercase letters and numbers, and [id] I assume to be an identifier specific to me to aid in phishing scams. Does Verizon have the ability to stop these at the server so none of us have to ever see them?

0 Likes
Re: Completely Prevent SPAM/phishing Texts?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, spellucci. Thanks for contacting Verizon Social Media. Please, contact us through Facebook or Twitter for a personal assistance. 

>Apollo

0 Likes
spellucci

Hi, Apollo. I assume this means that Verizon does not have a general approach for SPAM/phishing text messages.

How does one contact Verizon Social Media on Facebook or Twitter? I do not see any handles by that name on either platform.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for the misinformation, spellucci, we'll gladly assist you here. Any spam texts can be immediately forwarded to our team to look into. Simply forward the messages to the address SPAM(7726). Additionally, here is a link to our blocking options: https://www.verizon.com/support/block-numbers/-Arya

0 Likes