Composing/dictating SMS text message by voice
VAPCMD
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have a Samsung S7 using 'Message+'and want to compose/dictate and send SMS text message by voice.   Every time I try the microphone it records an audio message without any text appearing in the 'message block.

Any assistance appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Composing/dictating SMS text message by voice
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VAPCMD, help is here as I know how important voice to text is. Let's work together to figure out what could be causing this. Have you ever attempted to use the voice to text feature via the text message application that came pre-installed in the phone? If so, did it work? What do you experience with your calls?

NatashaA_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Composing/dictating SMS text message by voice
VAPCMD
Enthusiast - Level 1

Natasha,

Not sure what SMS message program came installed on the Galaxy S7 but I'm using Verizon "Message+" .

I downloaded and installed/setup Google's "Gboard" keyboard program and that gave me a slightly different keyboard layout that included an 'option' to select a 'microphone' which when selected gives me the VOICE TO TEXT message capability I was looking for.  The Verizon 'Message+' application has a microphone icon with the standard keyboard but it only seems to activate a sound recording device without any TEXT being recorded to the SMS.message.

Best,

0 Likes