Contact names not showing on new Windows Message+ application
ACANFIEL

I just installed the newly release Windows Message+ application successfully.  All my messages are showing up, but only associated with the phone numbers and short codes.  In the web version, I have associated all the phone numbers with names in the Verizon contacts so the names show up in that list, though not any of the messages with short codes.

The new app would be perfect for my needs, except that it doesn't show the names!

How do I get the contact names to appear in Windows Message+ app?  I've synced the contacts in the web app, but that didn't seem to help.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Contact names not showing on new Windows Message+ application
ACANFIEL

Just discovered that new SMS messages are not showing up in the Desktop app.  I don't see a Refresh button or option.  They do show up in the Web app when I use the refresh button.

Looks like my excitement over the new Windows Message+ desktop app was premature 😑

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@ACANFIEL wrote:

Just discovered that new SMS messages are not showing up in the Desktop app.  I don't see a Refresh button or option.  They do show up in the Web app when I use the refresh button.

Looks like my excitement over the new Windows Message+ desktop app was premature 😑

Same here.  I suspect the Verizon Messages Team either placed the new version in the Microsoft Store prematurely or for testing only.  I've emailed the VZM team and got responses back that don't sound like they came from the actual VZM team members but Tier 1 service/support agents screening the emails.  At least, it appears they are working on getting Win10 M+ desktop app support back.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello. Have you tried adding them manually within the application?  If so, what was the result? *Taylor

0 Likes
ACANFIEL

I had added them already using the Verizon Message+ web app. 

I just checked the standalone app again, and the contact names are there!  So if Verizon fixed some behind the scenes interface, THANK YOU!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're welcome, and I'm happy to hear that the names are showing up properly for you now! If you ever have any questions or would like assistance, please feel free to post in any time.*Stanley

0 Likes
Rob422rjm

Most of my contacts are in the updated version of Windows Message+  however all of the contacts in the windows People App have been deleted after updating  the Verizon Message + application on 9-15-2021.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

These details are helpful. Are you able to provide additional details about the People App you're referring to? -Lorenzo

0 Likes
debwill1952
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem.  It took many tries before I could successfully add the Windows 10 Desktop app of Message+.  Now that it's finally working, it's only showing the contact numbers and not the names associated with the numbers.  Even if I could manually add the names, it would take forever because I have lots of contacts and group conversations.  Interestingly enough, the web version does fine with my Chrome browser.   Did anyone else have this problem and manage to solve it somehow?

Tags (2)
stowerh

I am having this problem.  I walked away from my computer for a while, hoping it was simply a matter of time; however, there are still no contacts.

0 Likes