Contact names not showing on new Windows Message+ application
rdominicis
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have Windows 10.  Reloaded the latest Messenger + version to my PC.  My contact names on my phone show up.  My contact names on my PC do not.  I had a similar problem before on an earlier version.  Some names showed, some did not even though they are in my phone properly.  With this latest version that I downloaded today, no names show up at all, just phone numbers and messages.  I've rebooted several times.  I don't know what else to do because this seems like a problem with the application.  I've actually reinstalled it several times. 

Do you have a fix for me?  I've noticed that some people have been having this problem for years.

Thanks

Re: Contact names not showing on new Windows Message+ application
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@rdominicis wrote:

I have Windows 10.  Reloaded the latest Messenger + version to my PC.  My contact names on my phone show up.  My contact names on my PC do not.  I had a similar problem before on an earlier version.  Some names showed, some did not even though they are in my phone properly.  With this latest version that I downloaded today, no names show up at all, just phone numbers and messages.  I've rebooted several times.  I don't know what else to do because this seems like a problem with the application.  I've actually reinstalled it several times. 

Do you have a fix for me?  I've noticed that some people have been having this problem for years.

Thanks

The new Win10 M+ v3.0.1 has only been out since ~Aug 2021.  Our only recourse at this time is to report this issue as a bug to the developers and provide app rating feedback in the Microsoft Store.  There has been no response from the Verizon Messaging Team regarding this issue of where the app gets its contact info since the app was released.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there! We're terribly sorry to read that you're having trouble with the contact, and we'd love to help in any way we can. Are you using the Verizon cloud to backup your contacts? 

~Aaron

0 Likes
Scott23230
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am experiencing the same problem.  A few of my contacts have names on the Messages+ pc desktop app but most do not. Note- I am using the Verizon Cloud service to back up my contacts. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, this is an application issue and you would need to reach out to their support team to get this fixed.

*Nicole

0 Likes