Contacts in Messages on Windows
timblaktu
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will start my own thread on this since none of the others appear to be getting much traction... 

I am using Verizon Messages app on Windows 10. My contacts do not appear in the app's "Contacts" tab, and the from field in all my messages in the app are numbers, not contact names.

How do I get the Verizon Messages app on Windows 10 to import my contacts? 

FWIW I use a Verizon Note 9, and therein the Message+ app correctly displays my contact names. The problem is with the Windows Messages app, as well as on the Verizon Messages web portal (it shows numbers, not names). From the web portal, when I click on Manage Contacts it takes me to Verizon Cloud.

Please do not ask me to upload them to the Verizon Cloud as a solution, unless you can suggest a free (as in $) way to do so. 

EDIT: I see now there is a free contacts-only option for Verizon Cloud. I will try this and report back whether uploading my contacts to the VC solves this problem for me. (Even though it apparently did not for so many others..)

0 Likes
Re: Contacts in Messages on Windows
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having the names with the numbers will certainly make it easier to send your messages, timblaktu! We want to make sure this is working for you. Were you able to save your contacts via Verizon Cloud? Are you using another backup service, like Google, for your phone contacts?

NicoleR_VZW

0 Likes
timblaktu
Enthusiast - Level 2

I:

• ran the preinstalled Verizon Cloud app on my Note 9
  • in Cloud setup, selected only Contacts
  • immediately got a "welcome to your free 30 days of vzw cloud with 500GB storage"
  • looked throughout the settings on the Verizon Cloud app and could not find a setting to change the subscription to this "Free Contacts-only Option" as outlined in section 2. of the the FAQ.
  • After waiting for the Contacts to sync and the cloud icon to go Green, I then logged back into Verizon Messages, clicked "Manage Contacts" which took me to my new Verizon Cloud page.
  • On the Verizon Cloud "Contacts" tab, I now see all my contacts. OK, big deal. They still don't appear in the Windows 10 Messages app.

So, two questions:

1. Please advise how to I ensure I will not be charged for Cloud since all I want is the "Free Contacts-only Option" as outlined in section 2. of the the FAQ?
  2. What do I need to do now to get these contacts to be reflected in the Windows 10 Verizon Messages app?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for signing up for the Verizon Cloud, timblaktu. As long as you only select Contacts to backup, you will not be charged for Verizon Cloud. Once contacts are uploaded to Verizon Cloud, it can take up to 24 hours to sync between devices. Please let us know how re-installing the app works once it has been the full 24 hours since you uploaded your contacts.

NicoleR_VZW

0 Likes
TonyB1956
Enthusiast - Level 1

Figured out a kludge method to add a contact - create the contact on your phone, then send yourself a v-card. You can save the v-card on your PC as a contact.

0 Likes