Contacts not syncing to surface pro on message+
nathanm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a ton of contacts in my phone and they were always backed up through gmail.  That is just the way my phone was set up over 6 years ago.  Now I understand that I have to have them all in the cloud through to have them sync and not gmail.  The problem is there is no way to change my contacts.  This makes message+ useless on my computer as I don't know who is messaging me.  How can I get them to sync.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Contacts not syncing to surface pro on message+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nathanm, we definitely want to see your contacts sync over to your Surface Pro. that's a very important feature.

By chance, did you ever try Exporting your Google Gmail contacts to a CSV file, and then logging in to your Outlook .com People Hub to Import the CSV file so that it Syncs with your Surface Pro?

This link can help: https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/email-and-communication/people-app

Also, from your Gmail>Select Contacts>Click More Option>Choose Export>All Contacts>Choose Google CSV Format>Export and save on computer desktop.

Next Log in to your Outlook.com or People Hub page, >Select People >Finally Import the CSV file in order to start sync

Let us know if this helped

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nathanm, we definitely want to see your contacts sync over to your Surface Pro. that's a very important feature.

By chance, did you ever try Exporting your Google Gmail contacts to a CSV file, and then logging in to your Outlook .com People Hub to Import the CSV file so that it Syncs with your Surface Pro?

This link can help: https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/email-and-communication/people-app

Also, from your Gmail>Select Contacts>Click More Option>Choose Export>All Contacts>Choose Google CSV Format>Export and save on computer desktop.

Next Log in to your Outlook.com or People Hub page, >Select People >Finally Import the CSV file in order to start sync

Let us know if this helped

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Chefdavej
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was having the same issue and searched and searched for an answer. I tried everything. Uninstalling, reinstalling, uploading to every cloud possible. Everything. I was living with it but was ready to take my phone and Macbook laptop to a Verizon store for help when I backed into the solution.
I opened my Apple Contacts App (which I never use and had only 4 contacts in it which had migrated there years ago) and uploaded the csv file of contacts I had downloaded weeks before in trying to solve this mess. As soon as the contacts uploaded, all the contacts in my open Message+ app appeared! Wow.
Hope this helps others. So simple, yet just like road signs and signs for hiking paths in many parks, there are gaps in the information which they expect you to automatically know how to fill in. Not always the case.

0 Likes