Cosmos LG VN250 Texting Problem
murphys6

I've had this phone for about two years.  About two weeks ago I began having problems sending texts to certain people in my contacts that I've never experienced before.  In this case, I can reply to a received text and my text will be received.  However, if I initiate a new text, it is not received.  I've reprogrammed my phone more than once.  Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cosmos LG VN250 Texting Problem
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Is the contact being synched with Google or Facebook? That tends to add a "1" to the number in your contact list which causes problem s in sending.

Make sure your contacts all have the full 10-digit number as their number - no leading "1".

HTH,
0 Likes
murphys6

Contacts are not being syched with Google or Facebook.

There's no leading "1" in the phone number.

I deleted contact and re-added to see if that would somehow reset it.

Still no luck.

Any other ideas?

Thank you.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

murphys6 wrote:

Contacts are not being syched with Google or Facebook.

There's no leading "1" in the phone number.

I deleted contact and re-added to see if that would somehow reset it. Delete contact(s), remove battery while phone is on; reinsert battery, restart phone, then re-add contact(s)?? 

Still no luck.

Any other ideas?

Thank you.

Or delete the contact(s), have them send you a text, or call you, and add them from the message received, since you said you can reply to a message sent.

Post back with the results....I'm running out of ideas though!

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi murphys6,

I am sorry to learn of your phone's inability to send text messages to some of your contacts. Did the last recommendation from SuziQ (thanks) resolve the issue?

I checked my resources and I learned that Clearing Cache, History and Cookies has resolved similar issues for other customers. Please give it a try.

If issue continues do a Factory Reset. A Factory Reset is the last resort for troubleshooting. This reset will erase all data and restore preferences to factory default specifications. Performing a Master reset is only recommended when the existing data has been backed up or is unwanted.

0 Likes
NickLoyd

I have the same exact proble with my phone as this person does. I have tried both and neither have worked for me. I even did the factory reset and nothing changed, I still couldn't talk to the person. Who just a few months earlier I would talk to everyday with no problems at all. Do you know any other ways I could fix this, please? I'm very desperate in fixing my phone and texting the person.

0 Likes