Create Group message displays wrong sender phone number
mrjimi
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I use the Verizon messaging app.'s "Create Group" function, the message recipients do not know the message is from me.  This is because the message looks like it's coming from an unknown number.  Maybe I am misunderstanding the purpose of the Create Group feature but I would think that recipients would be able to know the message is coming from me.

Thanks,

Jim

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Create Group message displays wrong sender phone number
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You've come to the right place for help mrjimi. I know how important it is to make sure your friends know who is sending the group message.

Walk me through the steps you take to create the group message? When you create the group message do you give it a name?

If you give the group message a name, the recipients will see the message is coming from the group message name you give it.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
s_creevey

Your reply did not answer the question.  The group recipients want to see my phone number - not just a subject.  They want to see who the message is from before they open it.  How can I resolve this?

Susan

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

s_crevey, the reason we ask these questions is to gain further understanding of the issue as to how the group message is creating. We need to gather clues to ensure we provide you with resolution. Sounds like you are having the same issue. Tell me more about this unknown number. Does it actually show "unknown number" or is there an actual number listed? If yes, what is that number?

NatashaA_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ANTDAV95

The question that you are not answering is why is a random number showing when we create a group?! I created a group with 3 family members and myself and when they get the notification it says its from an 888 number, so it looks like there is another number that the group text is coming from instead of me!

0 Likes
pam2wise
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same EXACT problem.  I created the group.  Gave it a name.  Added a picture.  Sent the text.

Everyone thought their phones had been hacked or received phishing spam trying to steal their information.

Finally, one of the recipients sent me a screenshot.

On their end, the only thing they could see was the group name, picture I added, and the ph# 588-936-5649.

My ph# nor my name appeared anywhere for them.  Each recipient thought they had received a random text because someone had a virus that used information to create a random group and send messages.

0 Likes