Data Overage - Deceptive?
RidgeRider
Contributor - Level 3

Interesting. Some companies do take advantage of their customers. If their customers underestimate their data usage, or have large overage amounts, and cannot be given a reason that sounds logical, they are told to up-grade their data usage plan. That's what I did. I went from the 10 GB monthly usage plan for mifi from Verizon to the 14 GB plan because the sales representative, Mia, told me on Aug. 29, 2012, that my overage charges would be $10 for every 2 GBs of overage instead of $10 for every GB of overage. Turns out that Mia lied to me. EACH GB is now $15. Deliberately deceptive! I've called Verizon's service representatives and none have every said they would check into it, or they would rectify the situation, except LaShelle in the Verizon Wireless Executive relations office. She told me that it would be easy to check on, but I haven't heard back from her yet. Wade

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Wireless Files Lawsuit To Stop Premium SMS Fraud
rcschnoor
Legend

It is clearly stated in the Share Everything plan details that overage rates ARE $15/GB.

However, if you are pro-active and increase your allowance BEFORE you billing cycle ends, you can ADD 2GB to your allowance for $10. This would not be an overage charge, though, but an additional charge to increase your allowance.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Wireless Files Lawsuit To Stop Premium SMS Fraud
RidgeRider
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah, I know rcschnoor! I had all the details right in front of me as Mia lied to me on the phone!

That's sarcasm, Sheldon! Wade

0 Likes