Delay in receiving and sending text messages
babs58

At times it can take up to 20 min. To send or receive messages. Usually if I send a blank one to myself I will receive the held message or it will deliver the message. Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Delay in receiving and sending text messages
mnwildfan2k
Enthusiast - Level 3
This may be a location issue depending on where you are in the country. I would advise taking the device to your local corporate store who has an in store technition and have them diagnose the problem. May even take a call into customer care to get the messaging feature removed and re added. As a "quick fix" you can also try pulling the battery with the phone powered on, wait a few sec, reinstall the battery and power up the phone. Sometimes these messages can get "stuck" in the switch and this will help clear them out. Regular (read every couple days) will help keep your phone fresh on the network and reduce lag problems. And dont forget, *228 (send) and press option 2 every 60 days or so! Hope this helps!
0 Likes
Re: Delay in receiving and sending text messages
Yakove
Contributor - Level 1

Call tech support at vzw customer support at 1-800-922-0204 or *611. They will make a trouble ticket to have a technician investigate why the messages are being delayed in the MSC (Master Switch Control) it usually is corrected pretty fast.

0 Likes