Delayed Text Messages (Messages+)
ClarkL
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been experiencing delays in receiving all forms of text messages via the Messages+ application since Sunday, September 11th 2022. In my 15+ years of having Verizon I've never had this issue before. I've worked with at least 4 agents at this point and the resolution is always temporary for the time of the call. Last night I thought it was weird that I hadn't heard from a few family members and once I opened my text messages up after 12:00 a.m. this morning text from as early in the evening as 7:07 p.m. popped up. I also have a Galaxy watch and the messages don't show up on my watch either. 

Sunday afternoon messages from Saturday morning came through. I missed important notifications from my family on the status of a medical emergency. THIS IS A PROBLEM. I've done all of the recommendations, clear cache, disable messages and re-enable, turn off Wi-Fi and use Data, etc. At this point I'm exhausted with having agents practice recommendations from a manual and not really identify the problem.  I'm using the Galaxy S22 Ultra. 

What's even more frustrating is calling for assistance and the automated system is telling me to check my text messages for a message from Verizon and I'm wondering how in the world can I do that when MY TEXT MESSAGES AREN'T pulling though?! 

This is so frustrating! Day 4 of intermittent messaging service. 

Tags (2)
Re: Delayed Text Messages (Messages+)
CMD1031
Enthusiast - Level 2

Galaxy S21FE and the same issue. Mine started after the last Samsung security update. It's infuriating. Sometimes they are 4 minutes delayed, sometimes 2 hours or more.  This is completely unacceptable.  

ETA: I was using Verizon messages+ and it was updated.  I am now trying Google messages because Samsung messages is terrible.  

Peanut2484
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the same issue with no solution or help from verizon

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ClarkL, we do know the importance of needing to have your text messages delivered on time. Have there been any changes to your device when you noticed this issue (new apps or software update)? Also, have you tested out the default text message application to see if there are any delays when you use that app instead of Message+? 

-Kevin

0 Likes
cknow
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue here, 2 Galaxy S22's, one of them brand new. This is very frustrating. I'm using Google messages, the default android sms app.

cknow
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you on a Samsung phone?

0 Likes
ClarkL
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes. I'm using the S22 Ultra

0 Likes
ClarkL
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ditto! Just a lot of guessing around. I've even done a factory reset, network reset, clear cache, clear data....etc. 

It will work temporarily for maybe an hour then the delays start back. I'm on the phone now with my 8th agent this week. I'm SO FRUSTRATED!

cknow
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was wondering if peanut2484 was also Samsung.

I'm at the point now where I think I'm going to switch to a non-samsung because it looks like this problem is only samsung. This is so frustrating. I missed text messages from my boss yesterday, not a good situation.

0 Likes
Kmlosito12
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same exact issue as OP. I am using Google Messages however as my default messages and since September 11th I have been having this issue. 

No one seems to know what is wrong with these Samsung Phones! My coworker has the same issue. Many day delays!!