Delayed texting
Bolyn79

This past week my phone has been showing me that I have sent text messages, but the recipients aren't getting them for hours and in one case days. Also it has sent some people the same text again a few hours later. How can I get this to stop? I have an iPhone 4.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Delayed texting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there Bolyn79,

Let's keep those text messages flowing in a timely manner. Can you receive text messages ok? The messages that you send that are delayed, are they iMessages or regular text messages? Are they only to specific contacts or all of them? How long has this been going on for?

I would try dialing *228 and pressing option 2 to refresh your connection to the towers.

Please provide additional details so that I can better assist.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
briandanielle

We've had similar issues.  Also, some of our texts say that they are not delivered (message not sent) when, in fact, they had been sent.  We have restarted our devices and that seemed to help for a period of time.  I wonder if it is with the amount of data being transported between towers at that given time?  Would there need to be more towers added to specific areas? 

0 Likes
carla_nycity

I'm having a problem with "message not sent". This has been happening for several hours now. I have now powered off my phone (Samsung Galaxy Nexus) and turned it back on, but the problem is persisting. It says "sending..." for a while, and then I get the red triangle and "Message not sent." Very annoying!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to help keep those messages flowing briandanielle! What make and model devices? What messaging app? Where are you located? Is this only happening in one area?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
briandanielle

We have a couple of Windows phones, Galaxy SIII, Droid M, Droid X... We use the Verizon Texting app and are located in PA where there is great coverage.  We also have a network extender to make sure we don't miss anything.

THANKS

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get those messages to send, carla_nycity! Have you tried to remove the sim card and place it back in? Does this happen while on WiFi? Can you receive messages? What is your zip code?

Please share additional details so that I can assist.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
carla_nycity

It turned out to be just one message that wouldn't send. After I stopped trying to send that message, I was able to send others subsequently. Are there some characters that could cause a message to get rejected?  I did have some accented letters.

Email info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
briandanielle

Our issues are more frequent with the "dropped text".  Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi briandanielle,

We definitely want your messages to be received 24/7! Can you further elaborate on what exactly occurs with your messaging? We're here for you, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes