Delays Receiving Texts/Phone Calls
inter

I posted this in the Droid X forum as well, but it seems that it's probably more appropriate here.

I'm having issues with large delays when receiving text messages and phone calls often not coming through at all on my X, but have no issues sending outgoing text messages or making outgoing calls. For example, I can sit with my wife's phone and send myself a text message and I'll generally not receive it for an hour or two. I also get a similar result if I send a text message to my DX from my Gmail account. Similarly, I can try to call my Droid X from my house phone and hear it ring 2 or 3 times, then go directly to voice mail, but the call never comes through on my DX.

These problems only seem to occur at my house, as I had no issues while at work today. I also have a network extender and have rebooted both my router and the network extender in hopes that doing so might solve my problem, but no luck there either (the network extender has worked flawlessly unless it's somehow causing an issue now).

I've rebooted multiple times and updated my PRL (I've actually tried both options 1 and 2), but neither seems to have helped all too much.

It would seem that there might be some sort of service issue in my area, but I'm not sure of any way to check.

Does any one else have any other ideas as to why this might be happening or other things I can try to fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Delays Receiving Texts/Phone Calls
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

inter wrote:

I posted this in the Droid X forum as well, but it seems that it's probably more appropriate here.

I'm having issues with large delays when receiving text messages and phone calls often not coming through at all on my X, but have no issues sending outgoing text messages or making outgoing calls. For example, I can sit with my wife's phone and send myself a text message and I'll generally not receive it for an hour or two. I also get a similar result if I send a text message to my DX from my Gmail account. Similarly, I can try to call my Droid X from my house phone and hear it ring 2 or 3 times, then go directly to voice mail, but the call never comes through on my DX.

These problems only seem to occur at my house, as I had no issues while at work today. I also have a network extender and have rebooted both my router and the network extender in hopes that doing so might solve my problem, but no luck there either (the network extender has worked flawlessly unless it's somehow causing an issue now).

I've rebooted multiple times and updated my PRL (I've actually tried both options 1 and 2), but neither seems to have helped all too much.

It would seem that there might be some sort of service issue in my area, but I'm not sure of any way to check.

Does any one else have any other ideas as to why this might be happening or other things I can try to fix it?

Thank you for your feedback. The delay in getting calls and text messages maybe related to the signal you are picking on via the Network Extender. If there is a signal issue, the calls would go to voicemail because of them not being able to reach the phone. This can also happen if your device is off or your on WiFi or have signal issues. If your reporting something is going on with the Extender, it would seem to narrow down the matter. Instead of focus on the Droid X, let's redirect it to the Extender. Power off the Extender for a full minute breaking any connects to the towers and wireless phones. Let the folks know in your home that your resetting your Extender. Afterward go ahead and power on the Extender allowing it to refresh your connections. Then monitor the usage thereafter for a few days to see if it helps improve the signal on your Droid X. I am providing you a link for more support for your Network Extender.  The link: http://support.vzw.com/clc/faqs/Equipment/network_extender.htm

0 Likes
inter

Hi Ed,

I followed the directions you suggested but didn't seem to get any improvement in the issues I reported.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

inter wrote:

Hi Ed,

I followed the directions you suggested but didn't seem to get any improvement in the issues I reported.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Thank you for your feedback Inter. There was another posting that you submitted online that I replied to with stating: Thank you for your feedback with your zip code of 43004. I have checked the coverage map, service issue reports for that zip code. I was not able to find any known issues for that area. The steps you have tried to fix the issue with would be some of things I would have tried. Also by providing us with the steps you have taken, this allows some other different steps to be provided. I suggest making sure your GPS Antenna is connected or perhaps try moving the Network Extender within your home to a different location near a window. Placing the Network Extender close to a window will assist in acquiring a GPS signal. The GPS Signal LED must remain steady blue light to work properly. I have provided a weblink that routes you to our support page of the Network Extender. The link is: http://support.vzw.com/information/network_extender_troubleshooting.html

I have reposted the response as seen above. However to avoid much confusion, its best to stay with the one posting instead of two postings. Please try the above steps to see if they work and monitor the progress for a few days. I am sending you a private message to be of further assistance should your issue continue and you need more help. I hope the steps above help.

0 Likes
randy42

I have been having similar problem but no extender. Happening a lot. Need help ?

0 Likes