Desktop Notifications
SaveMySanity

Is there a way to have text messages sent to my desktop similar to the way that you can sync devices using Verizon Messages? Using the web app, I can enable desktop notifications, but that only seems to display notifications as long as I have a tab open with the web app running.

I would really like a way to have my text messages display on my PC, as my charging station is set up in the hallway and it is a nuisance to have to check it for messages every so often.

While I believe there are 3rd party apps available that can do this, I wanted to see if there was a method of accomplishing this directly via Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Desktop Notifications
budone
Legend

Not directly with VZW. I use SMS backup and every text sent and received goes to a Gmail account I set up just for the text messages

0 Likes
Baliff

This would require data usage for the device? Also it would be able to be disabled / seen on the device?

I am wanting it because my child deletes a certain persons text conversation and I am starting to worry it may not be a healthy relationship if she feels the need to delete it every night.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Yes it is a seen app.

Totally unrelated, trying to snoop on what is by law private messages will not help a relationship either. Honestly share your concerns.

Good Luck

0 Likes