Device not ringing on incoming calls (Message+)
ahung12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have a phone with phone number ending in 1412.

Have an LTE iPad Pro with an active sim card, linked to number ending in 1412.

Have Message+ app downloaded onto the iPad pro, linked to number ending in 1412.

Message+ app on the IPP can send texts and make calls through the 1412 number.

Problem:  Message+ app on the IPP does not receive incoming calls to the number ending in 1412.  ONLY the phone rings.  There is no notification in the app that there is a call coming in, no option to receive the call.

I have been through the VZW FAQ.  There is no solution in there, and I have tried all trouble-shooting.

Any thoughts on what needs to be done to allow phone calls to come through to the Message+ app?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Device not ringing on incoming calls (Message+)
ahung12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Answered my own question speaking to VZW Tech Support via a call.

For anyone wondering:  it takes a device specifically designed to make and receive phone calls to be able to use Message+ to receive phone calls reliably.  Despite not being described with this limitation by VZW on their own website, Message+ can only reliably receive incoming calls to the linked phone number in limited situations on anything that is not a smart phone, or smartwatch that was designed to make/receive calls. 

As it stands now, VZW is continuing to falsely advertise the capabilities of the Message+ app and their services on the website.  After speaking with the tech support rep, I have no confidence that VZW will ever do anything about this, other than completely disable or discontinue support for the Message+ app.  Until such time, I suspect they'll gladly continue taking money from customers regardless of how well (or not well in this case) their products and services function as described.  Buyer beware.

0 Likes