Did Message+ delete all my texts before Wednesday?
amcbride
Enthusiast - Level 2

From looking around the forum, I gather that recent updates to Message+ have caused problems. Is one of them that it deletes all messages from before Feb. 8? I cannot see any messages from before that day. I did not delete them myself. I tried to switch to my phone's native Messages app (for Sony Xperia Z3v), but I cannot see any old messages there either.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Did Message+ delete all my texts before Wednesday?
amcbride
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Antonio! It's Message+ 6.4.5.

A while after leaving this post, I called customer service, and the person I spoke to said there wasn't much he could do since I wasn't using the Verizon Cloud app. (I was using Google Backup & Restore, but it seems that doesn't apply to text messages.) He also said that my text messages wouldn't be included in the Message+ data area... I suppose that makes sense, considering that each messaging app would need access to the same database and wouldn't want to make unnecessary copies.

Still, if you have any other suggestions for me to try I'd be happy to!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
amcbride
Enthusiast - Level 2

Addition: in "App Info" , Message+ says it has 32MB of data on device (and 139MB of app). I think that suggests that the old messages might still be there? I don't know how big it all was, but I certainly don't have 32MB just since Wednesday. Maybe it politely moved the old database out of the way, and I could still find it if I downgraded and rooted my phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m sorry to learn that you encountered some issues with your Message+ application after a recent update, amcbride. We certainly want to ensure that your application is working as designed. Let’s get some additional information and explore ways to resolve. For starters please provide your current Message+ application software version: Open Message+ app>Tap menu on top left corner>Tap About.

Please note that we do not recommend rooting the phone as this will prevent us from troubleshooting further.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
amcbride
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Antonio! It's Message+ 6.4.5.

A while after leaving this post, I called customer service, and the person I spoke to said there wasn't much he could do since I wasn't using the Verizon Cloud app. (I was using Google Backup & Restore, but it seems that doesn't apply to text messages.) He also said that my text messages wouldn't be included in the Message+ data area... I suppose that makes sense, considering that each messaging app would need access to the same database and wouldn't want to make unnecessary copies.

Still, if you have any other suggestions for me to try I'd be happy to!

0 Likes