Does unlimited text include other countries?
Charvelle

I have unlimited texting, but I was wondering if I could text to other countries (specifically Canada) without paying for it? I looked over the International Text Messages web page, and it didn't specify what the rates are if you have unlimited texting (or even if it's the same).

I also tried calling customer service, and I didn't even talk to a real person because the menus didn't mention anything about this so I could get answers 😕

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Does unlimited text include other countries?
Carm
Contributor - Level 2
ANYTHING out of country except for Puerto Rico is International text, and a fee will be charged to your account.
0 Likes
StormModder
Contributor - Level 1

since you mentioned Canada SPECIFICALLY, I can tell you that you should be covered.  Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico, are currently the only international locations that you can message to/from without incurring additional charges (unless you go over your text allowance).

the easiest way to test it would be to message someone a few times, then check your bill.  If there are no charges, then you should understand that to mean that you're covered.

0 Likes
risu
Contributor - Level 3

While traveling in the U.S.,Canada, Dominican Republic, U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico text messages sent to non-U.S. phone numbers of participating carriers will not be applied against any monthly text messaging allowance and are charged the following:

• $0.25/address sent
  • $0.20/message received

Text messages sent to phone numbers in Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico are charged domestic rates per your plan.

http://b2b.vzw.com/international/Text_Messaging/index.html

0 Likes