Domestic Data Question
DCsportFan
Enthusiast - Level 2

A friend of mine who has a Sprint account and phone as been texting back and forth with me from Puerto Rico.  He doesn't live there, just got there about 4 days ago and will be there for the next couple of weeks.  So keeping in touch I have been texting.

As far as I know, with my account, the 450min select plan.I can call as well as text to someone in Puerto Rico without receiving any type of Domestic Charges.

I check my account today and it says:

Domestic Data Used:
0.017 Megabytes Used

I am in Ohio and am not home so I have no information on the account and was hoping someone on the forum would be able to help me out till I get home and can call Verizon.

Am I being charged Domestic Charges for texting or is it just telling me how much I have used?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Domestic Data Question
NekoSaru
Contributor - Level 3

That sounds like the culprit for when you hit the VCast section.

Verizon automatically rounds to the nearest MB which is $1.99

Occassionally you may get lucky and there be no charge for a low amount of usage. No way to tell for sure until the bill if its $0 or $1.99.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
NekoSaru
Contributor - Level 3

Are you on America's Choice II or Nationwide plan? Texting does not use data unless you are using Mobile IM then a small amount is used.

Have you recently downloaded anything or used Mobile Web?

0 Likes
DCsportFan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm on the Nationwide plan and I have not being using Mobile IM.

I know I pressed a button which brought up either the Verizon TV thing or something else.  I guess that very well may be it.

Is there anyway to figure out how much 0.017mb would cost?

0 Likes
NekoSaru
Contributor - Level 3

That sounds like the culprit for when you hit the VCast section.

Verizon automatically rounds to the nearest MB which is $1.99

Occassionally you may get lucky and there be no charge for a low amount of usage. No way to tell for sure until the bill if its $0 or $1.99.

0 Likes
DCsportFan
Enthusiast - Level 2
Alright gotcha, thanks a lot for your help appreciate it!
0 Likes
Irene

I have just received my new cellphones and plan from Verizon, and I have been very pleased with the phone, service, and customer service thus far. However, I have incurred .022 MB of data usage. I am not sure where this might have come from, but I suspect that these charges came while viewing My Verizon through my phone (although it did say that no airtime or data charges apply).

I believe that I will unfortunately be charged $1.99 for this. Will I really be charged for this and is there a way to block all data usage on my phone so that I never incur this charge again?

Irene 

Message Edited by Irene on 07-30-2009 01:34 PM
Message Edited by Irene on 07-30-2009 01:35 PM
0 Likes