Re: Double notifications on Verizon Message+
A_L_MAURER

Correction, I spoke too soon, clearing App Data DID NOT work.

It seems the problem is related to the lock screen.  After I get a text if I unlock the phone and then tap "Message+" it works fine... no double notification.  But if I tap the text on the lock screen and then unlock the phone to take me directly to it, I get the double notification.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LMK81

Thank you for confirming. When did this start? Prior to this happening, were there any changes to the app or software updates? 

TracyB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
A_L_MAURER

No changes that I know of... it started all on its own a week or two ago.

0 Likes
Bmitch89

Same issue with the Note 5.  It started approximately 2 weeks ago.  I had just downloaded the message app on my Amazon tablet and thought that was the issue.  After deleting the app, it's still occurring.  I've cleared my cache and disabled delivery toasts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get to the bottom of this! To confirm is Privacy Settings enabled via MEssage+>Settings>Notifications>Privacy Settings?

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
A_L_MAURER

Yes Privacy Settings is on.

Like I said earlier, the problem seems to be related specifically to tapping the message preview on the lock screen before unlocking the phone.

It does not seem to do it if I unlock the phone *without* tapping the message preview and then opening the Message+ app via its app icon on my home screen.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

One notification is definitely enough, A.L.MAURER. We're not giving up! When in the Message+ app, click on Menu, Settings, Notifications, Repeat Reminder, set this to Never.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
A_L_MAURER

It was already set to Never.

0 Likes
Bmitch89

My privacy setting is enabled, I've even disabled it to see if it fixed the problem and it did not.  I cannot confirm what other people are saying about it only doing it during a lock screen...i have not paid that close attention, but I will now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to use your Messaging app without getting too many notifications. It looks like we have already tried to disable double notifications through the settings on the Messages+ app itself. Let's take a look at whether this has to do with how the app interacts with the device. Disable sound notifications through the Settings menu of the phone, by going to Settings, tapping Sounds and Vibration, tapping Notification Sounds, tapping Message Notifications and switching the top toggle to Off. Check to see whether doing this eliminates one or both of the message notifications.

PeterP_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes