Droid 3 - Saving a picture received in a text message
amreader

How do you save a picture received in a text message? Thanks for any help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid 3 - Saving a picture received in a text message
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi amreader,

I like to save pictures I receive in messages as well. Your profile shows that you have an LG Vortex device, but you are in the Droid 3 forum. I will assist both Droid 3 users, as well as Vortex users, to 'cover all the bases,' and go over each device, and how to save pictures.

Droid 3 users:

Attachments from Picture messages that you choose to save are stored on the phone's internal storage in a folder called "Messaging".  They are saved by long-pressing the picture and choosing "Save Image." There is no way to change the destination of where the picture is going. You can use the 'Files' app to copy and paste the pictures to any folder you want on the phone, including the SD card.

To save them to the SD Card, go to Menu>Settings>Storage>Storage Location> Switch to SD Card

LG Vortex users:

When receiving a picture in a message, you can long-press the picture and select "Save Image." The image can then be viewable by going to you gallery and selecting "Downloads." The picture will not be saved in your camera pictures, since you did not take the picture. 

I hope this information is helpful for both Droid 3 users and LG Vortex users. Have a good day!

0 Likes