Droid Ultra won't receive text messages.
cayoss

Droid Ultra won't receive text messages. At first we thought it was because he used to have an iPhone, but he doesn't receive my texts either and I have a Galaxy (never had an apple). The date of the old messages saved within the phone automatically change to "1989" instead of the current date...

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Ultra won't receive text messages.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get those messages flowing again, cayoss! Is he using the native Messaging app or a 3rd party download? Did this start after installing a new app or update? Does his device show any error when trying to receive the message?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
dimicallef
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having issues with my Droid Ultra. I get some messages from my wife, while others do not come through.I can verify this by looking at her phone. This has been happening past few days. I also have noticed that a pop up stating that messaging suddenly has stopped working. Please advise!

System Version = 19.6.3.obake_version.Verizon.en.US

Model Number = DROID ULTRA

System Information = Motorola X8 Mobile Computing System

Android Version = 4.4

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can imagine that this issue must be very frustrating for you dimicallef! To begin with, you can try going to Settings>Apps>All>Messages, and clear cache & clear data on your messages. This will not erase your texts. Then power off & back on, and try again. Please let us know if that resolves it!

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dimicallef
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Michelle,

Yeah, that was the first thing I tried. Did not help long term. I would get some text messages, but after a while I would get a pop up saying that text messaging stopped working. Then I would stop receiving text messages.

I tried repeating that a few times and the same issue kept happening. So I did a factory reset. So far it's working OK but I know do not feel confident in my service.

0 Likes