Dropped Texts
srwsol

It looks like this app drops received texts that are too big.  I was getting complaints from friends about not responding to texts, and after doing some tests it looks like if a text that is too large comes in, it's silently dropped.  I ran some tests using google voice and sure enough, if I send a large text it appears in iMessage broken into multiple parts, but it doesn't appear at all in this app.  That's not good.  At a minimum it should show you what it can and then say that the rest was truncated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dropped Texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your efforts are greatly appreciated and I apologize for the inconvenience. To make all your messages available, you will need to turn off iMessages. Please view question 4 under "Troubleshooting": https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/ .

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
srwsol

Before delivering a "canned" answer, it would behoove you to read the question fully.  I said that it was only large messages that were dropped, not just messages from people using Apple products whose messages might be going through Apple's servers.  I also said that I ran tests from Google Voice which has nothing to do with Apple and that I could recreate the problem at will from there.

Also, for the record, I do have iMessages turned off.

0 Likes
srwsol

The large messages appear in the native iPhone Message app in green (i.e. they came through SMS not Apple's servers), but not in the verizon app at all.  If the message is small, then it appears in both.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know the importance of getting all your messages in one place, srwol. Since experience this have you confirmed if those larger messages were SMS or MMS? Have you gone to Settings, Messages, and then shut off MMS and Group Messaging in the iPhone’s Settings?

StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes