Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
E-mail Text Messaging does not work (AGAIN!!!)
Will49

This is a recurrent problem (evidently going back to 2017 or farther)

I am trying to send e-mail text messages in the form of:

nnnnnnnnnn @ vtext.com

nnnnnnnnnn @ vpix.com 

nnnnnnnnn @ vzwpix.com 

All of these have worked in the past, now they all get rejected with an "address not found".  I asked about this at the local Verison store, and never got a call back.

I can send messages through two services -  www.opentextingonline.com and textem.net . Interestingly, Text'em has the message of "We have fixed texting to Verizon Mobile December 5th 2019".

So what is the problem here?  There have been complaints about this for 4 years.

Verizon - please do a definitive fix on what is (at this point) as "ancient" Internet Protocol, and post as FAQ **prominently**!!  (BTW, the dumb "Chat" support dose not recognize "e-mail messaging" or "email messaging".

Re: E-mail Text Messaging does not work (AGAIN!!!)
acraftylady2

It's working because I just used this today.    I sent from an aol address and a Gmail address and both people responded.  Both have a samsung note 10 plus using the Samsung stock messaging app on the phone.

0 Likes
ej14

My vtext.com messaging stopped working about the beginning of April 2021.

My phone sends and receives text messages all the time so it isn't a text messaging problem.

I can use 4 different email addresses from 4 different email providers. All email go through EXCEPT the address that is [myphonenumber]@vtext.com. This has worked for many years and there have been no changes for many years.

Based on the following error message, this is a problem with vtext, not the phone or the sending email provider.

All email messages, from any of the 4 different email providers, sent to [myphonenumber]@vtext.com bounce back with the following message:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of
its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
failed:

[myphonenumber]@vtext.com:
SMTP error from remote server for GREETING command, host: vrz-sms.mx.a.cloudfilter.net (34.199.121.51) reason: 554 vrz-ibgw-5003a.ext.cloudfilter.net cmsmtp ESMTP server not available -
 POL102 - U8G7lOSTLXBQV

acraftylady2

Very weird, still working fine here.   Are you sending from web based email or using an email program?  

0 Likes
I_hate_you_know_who

As mentioned, there are tons of post about this theme going back years.

The issue is that Verizon has black-listed some mail servers.

I just sent a message successfully from one mail server. I just sent a message unsuccessfully from another mail server.

I hope that someone at Verizon will be so good as to tell us how you can get your mail server white-listed. The 554 happens immediately on GREETING and is annotated with "POL102". Surely someone knows exactly what this indicates?

The best that I can suggest is either to wait for heck to freeze over or make a burner account on some other mail service to send your SMS.

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Apparently the popular ones, yahoo, Gmail and AOL are fine.  Whatt mail servers are black listed?  

0 Likes