Email not working ....
ieatu1990

So I just bought a Droid Razr and I have had a good experience with it but, I can not use the email.  A message keeps popping which is," The Following error has prevented a successful connection: Unable to connect to imap.vzw.net.  [Read timed out]."

Can someone help me with my problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Email not working ....
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi ieatu1990!

Being able to successfully send and receive email is very important, I know! I will be able to assist you with a resolution. Due to the error message you listed, it seems as if you are using personal email and not corporate email. I would like you to remove the email account from the device, and then re-add it. This "resets" the email account in the device. Below are the steps for you.

Remove

Menu

Settings

Accounts

Choose the Account giving you the error, and select Remove

Select OK to confirm

Once this is done, please re-add the email account by following the steps in the following link:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/simulator/Motorola/droid_razr/index.html?CID=email_new&sayt=email

Once the email is re-added, please monitor and let us know how it worked out for you. Thanks and have a good day!

ChristinaB

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Email not working ....
imageek0264
Enthusiast - Level 2

I started receiving the same error msgs once I got to work (I think it may have something to do w/our firewall).

Anyhoo,

I have three AOL accts, one  Gmail account, one Yahoo acct & a corporate acct on my phone (...I knowwww !)

I removed ALL email accts from my Razr.

I downloaded the Yahoo email client for my Yahoo address & downloaded the Gmail email client for my Gmail address.

I used the onboard corporate widget for my corporate email, but instead of using the onboard AOL client, I used "OTHER."

You can configure them using the link below (I went the IMAP route) or you can simply check the box to "automatically configure" your accounts.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48924/~/droid---aol-email-set-up

I followed the instructions above for one of them & checked "automatically configure" for the other two.

Right now, I'm still @ work & everything is working just fine.  I hope it continues Smiley Happy !

Good Luck ieatu1990!

0 Likes
Email not working ....
imageek0264
Enthusiast - Level 2

. . . well, it's day two & everything is still working like a charm!  Thank Goodness!

Now, I really LUV my Razr Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Email not working ....
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

imageek0264,

I'm so glad that you are happy with your device and everything is functioning properly. Enjoy your phone and your service, and please have a great weekend!

Christina

0 Likes