Re: Email-to-MMS Not Working Reliably
tnichols44
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not that it appears Verizon is treating this with any sense or urgency whatsoever, but here's some additional information. I got this error message over the weekend (phone number redacted):

Delivery attempt from MAG: smtp687.redcondor.net to receiving MTA failed.

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----

<901XXXXXXX@vzwpix.com>

mail undeliverable for 4 hours

0 Likes
WanderingSoal

Any updates to this from Verizon?  I am also unable to send email to verizon SMS/MMS addresses.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WanderingSoal, assistance is here as we definitely want all of your messages to get the end user it is intended for. Although you have every right to send email messages via SMS/MMS addresses, may I ask why are you choosing this method to send? Is there an issue to send email to email or SMS/MMS to SMS/MMS? Our service http://spr.ly/6606Ej61j is for consumer use only.

The service is not intended to be used for large volumes of commercial messages or emergency messages. Due to the inherent limitations of Internet email, Verizon provides no assurance regarding the timeliness or receipt of messages sent using this service. Businesses and organizations looking to send a high volume of messages should subscribe to Verizon Enterprise Messaging. Enterprise Messaging Access Gateway (EMAG) is a VZW-branded messaging platform that allows B2B, Government and SMB customers (5 or more Corporate Liable subscribers) to send high volumes of text messages through a fast, reliable and secure network. Is this something you'd be interested in using? Click the link provided for more information and keep us posted on your decision as assistance is here. http://spr.ly/6609Ej615

NatashaR_VZW

0 Likes
tiggerdarin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have noticed this issue also and we send an email to a distribution list in our Exchange sever that will send an alert to our emails and SMS texts so we are alerted quickly that there is an issue.  We have been fine up until November 2018 and it stopped working.  We do not need a corporate plan as these alerts only occur once every few weeks.  Our system sends to the distro group which forwards out to 3 email addresses and 3 cell phones @vzwpix.com .  

If I have the alert go straight to only one @vzwpix.com, it appears to work fine - but forwarding from a distro group we do not get the text though our exchange server says Verizon servers accepted the message.

We have proper SPF set up and if it works when only sending to one text address, then that means the context is not being blocked by filtering - so it has to be something added to the header via the distro group forwarding.  Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Likes
RichardLange

I am having the same issue as well. Any update on a fix ?

0 Likes
skaboy71

I am also having same issue ... @vzw_customer_support  Please update with a fix ETA?

0 Likes
ForConsideration
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am experiencing the same issue. We aren't sending alerts very often, but when we do, they are extremely important and require immediate attention. There may even be times where the alert has to do with an email server being offline, so sending to our email would not be particularly helpful. We've always sent to #@vtext.com. It has worked for a long time. Suddently, it is the only carrier that doesn't seem to be working. Crazy that we may need our folks to switch phone carriers over this issue. You're Verizon. You're supposed to be the best of the best. This would seem to be a rather small issue to resolve. Something changed/broke on your end. Find it, address it, move on. But suggesting that everyone needs to get a business/enterprise messaging service is nutty. Would be much cheaper to have our folks switch to different carriers, which would not be a win-win between Verizon and it's customers. Can we just get this resolved and move on with our lives, please.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

skaboy71, We are sorry you are having issues with sending MMS from email to phone. Here's updated steps on how to send Vtext: https://www.verizonwireless.com/businessportals/support/faqs/TXTmessaging/faq_vtext_website.html

KatrinaN_VZW

0 Likes
MSL2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not only am I having the same problem as the others with vzwpic.com texts not going through, but the instructions on how to setup Vtext via the www.vtext.com site also doesn't work.  The site www.vtext.com times out.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nobody here wants you to leave. To get a closer understanding, what happens when messaging #@vzwpix.com instead? 

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes