Email-to-SMS refusing me?!?! How do I change this???
nvrslowdown

I am testing an email-to-sms solution with my phone. This will be used with several organizations looking to easily send out texts to their peers. My domain is [removed]

I simply cannot send texts anymore. I think the verizon wireless email-to-sms gateway put me on their black list. Help!

I have the following postfix error with the important part BOLD:

Mar  3 08:21:31 localhost postfix/error[14095]: 26A7923B2D: to= (removed), relay=none, delay=1068, delays=1068/0.31/0/0, dsn=4.\

0.0, status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: host smtp.vzwpix.com[69.78.128.215] refused to talk to me: 554 njbrspamp5.vtext.com)

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Email-to-SMS refusing me?!?! How do I change this???
Not applicable

This is not a good idea.

Even if legitimate Verizon frowns on such sending as people can and do report them.

Text messaging is not meant for text flooding.

Good Luck

nvrslowdown

I think I have the answer now.

Verizon support told me the gateway blacklists any domain sending to more than 10 devices (that is me)

They let me put in a trouble ticket to deblacklist me.

I was told they allow businesses to buy more capability on this gateway. I have spent 5 hours talking to Verizon trying to find someone to talk to about expanding my usage of the gateway. So far I have no found anyone

0 Likes
Not applicable

You will not get anywhere.

Verizon is one of the leaders in blacklisting any type of spam and spammer operations.

Even if they sell you a product that allows the use, the first complaint sent to them knocks you off the service and no refunds.

Just forget about using the text service for your venture.

Good Luck

0 Likes
ddbdms

I am somewhat offended by the comments suggesting you are a spammer.

We too have had this problem and it has made pager-duty [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] because we don't get alerts in a timely fashion, or if at all.  And well known "apps" don't work any better.  Their option for "immediate notification" is SMS.

I am paying for unlimited talk/text, perhaps this is a legal matter.

David

0 Likes