Email to VTEXT Messages Failing With Specific Error
WhyForYouCall
Enthusiast - Level 2

Email account I have used for 12+ to send weather alerts email to SMS (Vtext) is now failing with a specific failure return email.  I can use other emails accounts and they come through just fine.

Partial error:

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: DM8P221MB0326.NAMP221.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM
Receiving server: DM8P221MB0326.NAMP221.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM
Total retry attempts: 14

[email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]
8/19/2022 1:50:29 AM - Server at DM8P221MB0326.NAMP221.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM returned '550 5.4.300 Message expired -> 421 4.4.2 Connection dropped due to SocketError'
8/19/2022 1:32:12 AM - Server at vrz-sms.mx.a.cloudfilter.net (34.199.121.51) returned '421 4.4.2 Connection dropped due to SocketError'

Re: Email to VTEXT Messages Failing With Specific Error
WhyForYouCall
Enthusiast - Level 2

For further clarity there are 2 VZW numbers that receive the alerts and 1 ATT Wireless.  Both VZW fail but ATT number is always successful.

0 Likes
roylant
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have no clue whats goin on with Verizon, but it is annoying. Hetting the same result using Verizon, AT&T fine. Everything was fine a week ago. Texting from email is essential.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's our priority to provide a seamless network experience, and we are concerned to hear that you are experiencing challenges with your service. We would love the opportunity to help you today! Can you please elaborate more? What services are being impacted? When did this start? 

~Rachel

0 Likes
gthazleh

We have Gmail rules set up to auto forward specific emails to [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service] which usually forwards the email as a text message (SMS) to my phone. My phone then alerts me that I have a text message and I know to check my email. Over the last week or two we've seen delays (today has been especially bad --- 1 or 2 hours of delay) and we continue to periodically receive the following failure message (Xs represent the digits of my phone number):   

Delivery incomplete

There was a temporary problem delivering your message to [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]. Gmail will retry for 46 more hours. You'll be notified if the delivery fails permanently.

0 Likes
gthazleh

The email address that was replaced in my earlier post was my phone number @VTEXT.com

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our team is here to help. Are you still experiencing this issue? -Joel

0 Likes
TGeeITSD

Also having this issue. For about the last month or so All email addresses in the list that are "@Vtext.com" fail with the same error: "421 4.4.2 Connection dropped due to SocketError"

0 Likes
Crevier

I'm also having trouble sending email to my Verizon phone: [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service], though I'm getting a different error. The emails are sent from my Gmail address to my Vtext address. Here's an example of the error that Gmail kicks back to me:

Delivery incomplete
There was a temporary problem delivering your message to [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]. Gmail will retry for 46 more hours. You'll be notified if the delivery fails permanently.

The response from the remote server was:
421 4.1.0 <[email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]> server temporarily unavailable AUP#MXRT

This has been happening for a week or two now. Some messages are getting through while others are not. Something is wrong with the server that handles vtext.com email messages.

The error message above was received at 5:32pm US central time today, while the original email was sent from my Gmail address to my vtext address yesterday at 3:58pm US central time. So, the error is still happening more than 24 hours after the original email was sent.

0 Likes
truthserum

I'm here experiencing a similar issue. I receive text alerts from a 9-1-1 center but they're getting 550 - Requested action not taken: no such user here in their outlook email server for different vtext users. No issues with sprintpcs, firstnet, att, uscc, or tmomail. Sometimes the messages come through and sometimes they don't. I can't find a rhyme or reason to it. The issue started on Monday the 22nd but has become more pronounced the last couple of days.

0 Likes