Re: Email to VTEXT Messages Failing With Specific Error
WhyForYouCall
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_supportYes, whenever they are sent, which is infrequent.  With respect to the reported problem I have no way to know when those other messages are received vs when they were sent.

0 Likes
scarpro

I am also receiving the temporarily unavailable msg. when I use vtext.com from gmail - when I send just the word TEST from gmail - when I do the same from yahoo it will go right through as it should. 

MSG IS... 

The response from the remote server was:

421 4.2.0 209.85.222.172 server temporarily unavailable AUP#CDRBL

please reply so I can use this service again

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, scarpro. Please contact us through Facebook or Twitter for a personal assistance.

>Apollo

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Hi, scarpro. Please contact us through Facebook or Twitter for a personal assistance.

>Apollo

Apollo, there are MANY Verizon users that DO NOT use Facebook or Twitter social media for support.  You are HERE so please post support info here to the Verizon Community.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
tommyz1052
Enthusiast - Level 2

To Verizon Rep.  

I have 2 verizon #'s and have using verizon for years.  Its the most reliable.

However i have troubleshooted this issue and its not on my end.  It seems the EMAIL TO TEXT function is specifically blocked by verizon as far as i can see.

Email to text works to Tmobile and ATT carriers. However its blocked from GMAIL. 

If i use a Aol email, .ORG email it works fine.  However the GMAIL emails are specifically blocked and I receive the serve error thats posted below.

Hopefully this makes it more clear to others , if they try to use another email it will likely work except GMAIL.

Unfortunately the application I am using restrict me to GMAIL addresses. So i feel i have to press on to resolve it.
Perhaps this helps the VERIZON CUST SERVICE , the GMAIL emails to text seem to be blocked.
Please help., 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, tommyz1052, I totally understand where you're coming from. Please allow me to work with you, so I may provide the best resolution for this situation, Please, contact us trough Facebook or Twitter for personal assistance.

>Apollo

0 Likes
pschu

I too am having the following error when sending text messages from my gmail account to my verizon phone:

421 4.2.0 209.85.217.48 server temporarily unavailable 

This worked up until a few weeks ago then suddenly stopped.

0 Likes
pschu

This mysteriously started working yesterday 🤔

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is great to hear that it started to work again for you, pschu. Did you see the suggestion from tommyz1052? He notes that the issue is isolated to Gmail users, and you have noted that it comes and goes. I found several mentions that messages from Gmail to text in general are being filtered due to the complaints about malicious messages originating from Gmail addresses. In times of "lighter traffic" the messages tend to go through. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. 

-George

0 Likes
HIGHTECHGEEK
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a horrible response from Verizon.

You are admitting that you are blocking legitimate emails. Fix this! Do better.

I am having this error message too:. I am unable to send emails to vtext.com at all hours of the day, so it isn't a matter of  "times of lighter traffic".

You need to fix your filters or provide us (your paying customers) a way to approve senders.

0 Likes